Green Hydrogen for Europe has been launched to provide clarity to:
- The growing consensus that green hydrogen is on the cusp of large-scale growth in Europe and is vital for decarbonising several EU industry sectors
- The growing confusion amounting to a babble of often contradictory voices and messages about policy development, implementation and, more generally, “the business case” for green hydrogen
There is a diversity of views on key aspects of green hydrogen deployment. These include, but are not limited to:
- The industry sectors in which it could most effectively be deployed
- The readiness (or lack thereof) of infrastructure to carry green hydrogen
- The location of electrolysers (embedded, connected to large systems – both?)
- Is green hydrogen just about decarbonisation of various industry sectors or is it far more than that?